Multichannel commerce no longer makes sense. As consumers are increasingly connected through a wide array of Internet-connected devices, the traditional multichannel commerce experience is becoming obsolete. Customers no longer interact with companies from a “channel” perspective; instead, they interact throughtouchpoints. These touchpoints include channels such as stores, branches, call centers, and websites, but also emerging interactions such as apps, social media, mobile sites, SMS messages, and interactive advertising — across a wide range of devices such as smartphones, tablets, Internet TVs, cars, and even appliances.
As a result, it is time for organizations to
- Forrester Bullish on US E-commerce Market (pcworld.com)
- 10 Mobile Trends for 2011 (e1evation.com)
- Nick Lievendag’s trailer This is Service Design (serve4impact.com)
- E-commerce Will Keep Rolling, Research Firm Says (blogs.wsj.com)
- Forrester’s Kerry Bodine: Service Design Creates Breakthrough Customer Experiences (fredzimny.wordpress.com)