Keynote at UX Cambridge 2012 Better Product Definition with Lean UX and Design Thinking (More #uxcam #sketchnotes: @jboogie ‘Better product definition with lean UX and design thinking’ http://t.co/7O9DedXb…
See on www.flickr.com
My point of view: love these visuals that much that it hard to post an additional pic. But as these are my guidelines
I would prefer Watch this UX thing.
From the author:
An entry level class answering the question, what is user experience?
- Effective UX Design – Can User Experience Designers be Lean? | UX Booth (scoop.it)
- Creative UI Design Examples for Great UX (awwwards.com)
- UX Design – Marissa Mayer Hopes to Brighten User Experience at Yahoo (scoop.it)
- I Love User Experience – New Ways of Visualizing the Customer Journey Map – Adaptive Path (scoop.it)
Bring The Users: Selling UX in Your Organization was presented at Stir Trek 2012 in Columbus, Ohio by Carol Smith. You are convinced that UX work will not only save time and effort, but will also increase profits. Now you need to persuade your team to integrate UX activities into your work. This presentation will give you the facts to back up your convictions. Carol provides you with clear and compelling responses to tough questions about UX and usability methods. You’ll leave with facts about the Return on Investment (ROI) of UX, how to respond to UX skeptics, and how to turn your entire team into UX advocates.
- What Are Your Organizational Challenges? Answer The Survey. (usabilitycounts.com)
- Article of Interest: Top 5 ROI Benefits of Customer Experience Management (serve4impact.com)