Found at At Zappos, Culture Pays.
Clue that something a little weird is happening at Zappos can be found near the bottom of the home page of the company’s website, where you’ll find lists with headings such as “Shop with Us” and “Customer Service,” beneath pictures of Anne Klein, Rockport, and Nike footwear; New Balance shirts; and Tommy Bahama shorts. Buried in one list is a link advising, “Don’t ever click here.” I did, of course, and the link opened a YouTube video of the Muppet rock band performing, as lead singer Beaker lip-syncs, “Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down.” It is a not-so-subtle message to Zappos’ customers and perhaps to its employees as well.
Another link opened a company-produced video in which employees talk about their favorite Zappos values — there are 10 values in total — with the same conviction and enthusiasm that the Muppet band brings to its musical antics. A clear winner: “Create fun and a little weirdness.”
To be continued at http://www.strategy-business.com/article/10311?gko=c784e&cid=enews20100914
Related articles by Zemanta
- Four Lessons on Culture and Customer Service from Zappos Founder, Tony Hsieh (blogs.hbr.org)
- Weird is In – Zappos and Austin, TX (business-strategy-innovation.com)
- A Simple Lesson in Trust from Zappos.com (psychologytoday.com)
- Delivering Happiness – A Billion Dollar Business Lesson From Zappos (blogs.forbes.com)
- Grab a Free Zappos VIP Membership for Free Overnight Shipping [Dealhacker] (lifehacker.com)
- The Zappos Culture Tweetup with Jason and Jody!! (thriveal.com)