Fresh from the press and pressing for leadership.
Thanks to the author
After spending the past 3 days attending the Enterprise 2.0 conference it has become even clearer in my mind that social media and social networking has an important part to play in the future of enterprise collaboration but requires a great deal more education and understanding by the key decision makers. We need to spend more time understanding the use cases and cultural challenges of creating social wrappers around corporate information and seeding these inside corporate social networks, its not about replacing email as much as empowering your employees to connect with people, customers and partners in a way that’s more socially engaging. Its important to remember that if we are to learn anything from the adoption success of web flavoured social content its that its not about IT or technology – its about user experience. The companies who put user experience above IT and Technology will create a competitive advantage by attracting the best employees who can be far more productive while still ensuring that content and information is secure.
Another key challenge is going to be scalability and enterprise standards for social collaboration platforms in the workplace not to forget the compliant and secure nature of content management required in many sectors such as government, banking and legal.
It seems that the
Related articles by Zemanta
- Facilitating Virtual Collaboration (change-management-blog.com)
- Social Networking and Online Security: Replacing UserID and … (jonggunlee.tistory.com)
- SAP @ Enterprise 2.0 2009 (socialmediatoday.com)
- The Green Life: Green Your Computer Use: Social Networking (jonggunlee.tistory.com)
- Excerpts from a Smart Social Media PR Gal (tattletech.net)
- Open Enterprise 2009 Study – Midyear Findings (stoweboyd.com)
- Putting Web 2.0 to Work (slideshare.net)
- FASTforward’09 Interview: Sandy Kemsley, BPM analyst (fastforwardblog.com)
- Comparing Social Networking Sites: What Differentiates Between … (jonggunlee.tistory.com)
- Starting My Week with Government and Enterprise (ariwriter.com)
- Google Reader for Singles | Social Network – Online Social Singles (jonggunlee.tistory.com)
- Contribute to key debates in Enterprise Social Software (cmswatch.com)
- Useful Differentiation – Enterprise Social Computing vs. Everyday Use of Social Networks (fastforwardblog.com)