Businesses both big and small are flocking to social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Foursquare. The fact is that a presence on these platforms not only allows companies to engage in conversations with consumers, but also serves as an outlet to drive sales through deals and coupons.
And while major brands like Starbucks, Virgin, and Levi’s have been participating in the social web for some time now, the rate of adoption among small businesses is increasing too. According to a recent University of Maryland study, social media adoption by small businesses has doubled from 12% to 24% in the last year.
Photo credit: Heels on wheels
Related articles by Zemanta
- Mike Fruchter: Making the Business Case for Social Media (marketingmysticblog.com)
- Why You’re the Key to Social Media Success (convinceandconvert.com)
- My Favorite 6 Social Media Sites for B2B Social Media Marketing (windmillnetworking.com)
- Off-Label Social Media Uses with Powerful Interactions (social-media-university-global.org)
- A Case Study: The NBA’s Social Media Strategy & Tactics (thecommscorner.blogspot.com)