The fundamental relationships among brands, media, and people are being transformed, and just as we try to adapt, along comes a new disruption. Are you and your organization prepared to deal with today’s unprecedented speed and scope of technological change?
The book Beyond Advertising provides a business transformation road map for an aspirational future, based on the insights of more than 200 of the world’s most forward-thinking executives, innovators, and academics all grappling with today’s unique challenges and opportunities.
The book offers a concrete set of principles, including The All Touchpoint Value Creation Model, designed to lift us out of reactive thinking and encourage the co-creation of a future better for business, better for people, and better for society.
Actionable steps include:
- Holistically orchestrate and allocate resources across all touchpoints
- Redefine expectations of success to align for multi-win outcomes
- Provide every stakeholder at all touchpoints a R.A.V.E.S. standard of content: relevant and respectful, actionable, valuable, exceptional experiences, and a shareworthy story
- Develop all touchpoints to maximize the M.A.D.E.s value of context: the complete person, the features of the delivery platform, the dynamic environment, and synergies with other touchpoints
For a preview of the book go to the site of the publisher
Being into service design, I liked many parts of the book. E.g. the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: The Five Forces Driving the Need for Change
- Chapter 2: Challenging Entrenched Mindsets about “Advertising”
- Chapter 3: Aligning for Win-Win-Win Impact
- Chapter 4: Orchestrating Value Creation across All Touchpoints
- Chapter 5: New Guidelines for Desired Content: R.A.V.E.S.
- Chapter 6: The Expanded Power of Context: M.A.D.E.s 1
- Chapter 7: Embrace Adaptive Experimentation
True, as the title suggests it has an advertising and agency approach but – look at the titles of the chapters – this is fascinating stuff too for service designers and customer management staff.
The approach outlined in chapter 7 is closely related to “a design thinking approach” and associated ways of working such as experimentation, collaboration, gamification, prototyping and data visualization.
I embed the All Touchpoint Value Creation Moddel and the Beyond Advertising Roadmap. An integral overview that will empower you to make the world a less messier place.